Starting from March 15, 2014 Georgian Government will be conducting the public consultations throughout the country. These meetings aim at informing the society about the planned events that will take place over the next two years and that will contribute to providing the open and participatory governance.
These meetings aim at increasing public involvement, collecting their ideas and opinions in order to ensure that the plan and the events meet the citizens’ needs.
The meetings are organized by the Ministry of Justice of Georgia. The recommendations about conducting the public consultations was drafted and presented to the government by the non-governmental organizations which participate in OGP forum. The NGOs are now actively involved in public consultations and conduct meeting in the regions together with the representatives of the Ministry of Justice.
The meetings are usually held in the administrative centers with the representatives of local media, NGOs, self-government and political parties. This process also involves universities, schools, trade unions, librarians, minorities and the representatives of the local business.
The organizers of the meeting take notes about all the ideas, views and recommendations from the society. Government will take these recommendations and views into consideration while elaborating the two year action plan.
Citizens are given opportunity to express their ideas and opinions thought the web-site of the Ministry of Justice where users can find the OGP banner which will redirect the user to the special page which provides information about the principles and priorities of OGP as well as the first action plan and the implementation report. Via special contact form and e-mail citizens can send their ideas about what activities should be carried out to ensure open, transparent and accountable government.
Consultations commenced on March 15 in Kakheti region and will continue until April 15. Meetings will be conducted in Tbilisi and various cities and towns of Kartli, Imereti, Samegrelo, Guria, Adjara, Mtskheta-Mtianeti and Samtskhe-Javakheti.
Schedule of public consultations of 2014
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University (1, Georgian University str.), March 15, 11:00 – 13:00
- Center for Civic Engagement (3, Vazha-Pshavela str.), March 15, 15:00-17:00
- Center for Civic Engagement (240, Rustaveli str.), March 15, 11:00-13:00
Village Shashiani (Gurjaani Municipality)
- Public Center, March 15, 12:00-14:00
- Center for Civic Engagement (7, Stalin str.), March 17, 12:00-14:00
- Center for Civic Engagement (22, Kostava str.), March 19, 11:00-13:00
- Center for Civic Engagement (1, Giorgadze str.), March 19, 11:00-13:00
- Training Center for Justice of Georgia (Ilias Gora), March 20; Meeting with the journalists
- Center for Civic Engagement (6, Pushkin str.), March 22, 12:00-14:00
- Akaki Tsereteli Kutaisi State University (59, Tamar Mepe str.) 16:00-18:00
Village Khevi (Kharagauli Municipality)
- Civil Center, March 22, 12:00-14:00
- Central Library of Mtskheta Municipality ( Mamulashvili str. 12) March 28, 2014 14:00-16:00
- Center for Civic Engagement (Rustaveli str. 52) March 29, 2014 12:00-14:00
- Shota Meskhia State Teaching University of Zugdidi (Janashia str. 14) 16:00-18:00